Facebook Shows Interest in Google’s Wearable Computer
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 18:10
- Ashley White
CEO of Facebook showed interest in Google’s wearable computer, as well as the app of the social network to be as popular on any other device.
Google Glass, the wearable display-camera-computer gadget, having testers demonstrating many unknowns. However, one thing is certain: the most popular app for Glass will be Facebook.
Facebook has the most users, dominating the Android-based and the Apple devices. According to Comscore, almost 23% of total time spent on using mobile apps is on Facebook. If Facebook releases an app for Glass, it is likely to by popular in similar manner.
While Path and Twitter are in the developing phases of their own apps for Glass, the CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, suggested on an app coming after his first trial of Glass.
Zuckerberg, at a public even with Sergey Brin, the Google co-founder, said, “I can’t wait to get my own,” according to the Forbes.
The ability of Glass to capture point-of-view video and even detect eye blinks, would definitely allow Facebook to create an extremely novel app.
Source: Technology Review
- Facebook Free Calling Feature is Now Available in the US and Canada – New iOS Update Finally, it seems like Facebook users have a moment to rejoice. The company has gone the extra mile to make sure it gives users a New Year present, and this time it’s big. Facebook has […]
- Shoutlet Announces Roy Jugessur Head of Europe, Africa and the Middle East Shoutlet has announced Roy Jugessur as Head of Europe, the Middle East and Africa for its operations. Shoutlet, a cloud-based social marketing platform, is among the best when it comes to […]
- How the Equality Symbol Spread Through Facebook Many Facebook users changed their profile photos, on March 26, to a red and light-shaded equality sign. The act was performed to support the Human Right Campaign and same-sex marriage. […]
- Bingo! Now You Can Promote Your Friend’s Post on Facebook! Last year, Facebook announced that users will be able to promote their posts by paying for it. The trend quickly became popular and so the social media giant took another leap to ensure […]
- Facebook Announces Acquisition of Atlas Facebook officially announced the acquisition of Atlas Solutions past Thursday. The social media giant was able to acquire Atlas Solutions from Microsoft. According to Gokul Rajaram, Ads […]