Facebook Confirms Blocking Path’s ‘Find Friends’ Access
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 17:50
- Ashley White
Facebook has confirmed that it has restricted the API access of the app Path. The Path can no longer use Facebook to find friends, as Facebook prevents them from sending invitations of suggestion for following. The move came in response to last week’s Path spamming user contacts.
According to Facebook, Path can continue to use Facebook as an option for login and to share posts. However, “Find Friends” option is disabled by Facebook, response similar to what was seen with MessageMe, or Voxer. Facebook did not tell exactly why Path lost the access, but popular thought points towards spam controversy.
Losing the ability to invite the Facebook friends can form a barrier in the growth of the app Path, which recently hit 10 million registered users. To overcome the barrier, Path adder Twitter to continue bringing new users. Still, the Facebook denied access is a significant blow to the Path. In addition, Path requires as many ways possible to pull more users.
Source: Tech Crunch
- Facebook Free Calling Feature is Now Available in the US and Canada – New iOS Update Finally, it seems like Facebook users have a moment to rejoice. The company has gone the extra mile to make sure it gives users a New Year present, and this time it’s big. Facebook has […]
- Following Spam Complaints, Friend Integration from Path Removed The prior reports of the app Path automatically sending out text messages has now received a new update. The ability to find Facebook friends has been removed altogether. TechCrunch […]
- Facebook Provides ‘My Offers’ Section According to Inside Facebook, the social media giant has added a new tab which shows users the number of offers they have collected. The recently added ‘My Offers’ section will show users […]
- Facebook Ranks ‘48’ on Fortune’s List While Facebook rules the social media industry, it’s surprising to see it land on 48th rank on Fortune’s 30th World’s Most Admired Companies list. Out of the 50 firms that were listed, […]
- Facebook Sees Increased Profits Despite Plummeting in the US Market While the number of users drops in US, profits still demonstrated a healthy growth for the social media king Facebook.
In US, Facebook lost almost 10 million, according to Nielsen, a […]